Recently, Jonathan and Aaron over at Husband&Husband nominated me for a Liebster Award – thanks so much, guys! 🙂
The way the award works is that you have to thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, answer eleven questions from them, write your own eleven questions and then nominate another eleven bloggers.
So here are my eleven questions from Jonathan and Aaron:
- Where is your happiest place in the world?
- What is your favorite childhood toy?
- Who was the name of her first kiss?
- What character in Harry Potter would you most likely be?
- What Disney film best describes you?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- What is your favorite magical being?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Do you have any regrets? What is your biggest one?
- Name your favorite character of all time.
And here are my answers:
- My happiest place in the world is the mountains and coast of North Wales. I think it’s the most beautiful place in the world, and have many fond memories of holidays there when I was a child. When I’m there, I feel as though I’m part of the landscape, the ancient hills and silvery sea images of home.
- My favourite childhood toy. Hmm, that’s a tough one. I did have an orange teddy called Sunshine, who now belongs to my daughter. He’s a bit squashed as he slept in my bed with me for many years, so I guess he would qualify as a favourite.
- My first kiss – cheeky! It was a boy called Ricky and that’s all I’m saying about it 😉
- When it comes to Harry Potter characters, I think I’d be Hermione. I was (possibly) a bit of a swot when I was at school.
- This question required a bit of thought – I actually looked up a complete list of Disney movies because I wasn’t really sure which one would describe me best. The answer I came up with was The Princess and The Frog, for several reasons, but mainly because I like to cook, I’m not afraid of hard work to reach my goals and yes, I did marry my prince in the end.
- If I were a superhero I’d be Black Widow – great outfit, kick-ass skills and able to hold her own in a fight!
- My all time favourite book – now that’s a question that has me shaking my head. It’s extremely hard for me to pick just one, so I’m going to have to say the Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, simply because they are books I enjoyed as a child and still enjoy reading now. But really, I could think of about fifty books I would qualify as being favourites.
- My favourite magical being would be a mermaid. I remember desperately wanting to be one when I was a child and, even now, the thought of riding the waves and swimming the secret ocean depths is one that thrills me. I’m quite a cautious swimmer, so to have the ability to live beneath the waves seems an impossible dream.
- My favourite quote is ‘Do or do not, there is no try.’ I realise it’s from Star Wars, a film series not known for the brilliance of its dialogue (despite how much I love the films, I have to admit this). However, I think this quote is so very true and can be applied to almost any situation in life.
- I try not to have regrets. Everything I’ve done, everything I’ve experienced as a result of the choices I’ve made has led me to the person I am today. So, while I might get upset about things that happened in the past, I try to take something positive from it, rather than dwelling on the negatives. That being said, I do sometimes wish I’d taken the Creative Writing degree I qualified for when I was eighteen!
- Oh Lord, my favourite character of all time? I do love Phryne Fisher from Kerry Greenwood’s excellent Miss Fisher’s Mysteries books. And I’ll add in Legolas from Lord of the Rings as I always have time for immortal elf princes who happens to be deadly warriors. And finally Lestat from Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles, for his spirit and audacity. Although once again, this is only three from a much longer list. Aren’t we fortunate as readers that there are so many well-imagined characters out there for us to discover?
Now, as to the next part of the award – I’ve actually been nominated for a Liebster Award previously, and so have already nominated eleven bloggers with a list of questions. However, I’ve since made some lovely new blogging friends so, if any of you are reading this and would like to give it a go, please do. And give Aaron and Jonathan’s questions a go too – they certainly made me think!