I try to keep this blog a fairly positive place, without excessive swearing, so I’m not going to comment on my feelings about #Brexit here.
Instead, here are some pretty doors, part of my response to Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors Challenge.
For more doors, or to add one of your own, head over to Norm’s site and click the link.
What gorgeous doors!
thanks, Esther 🙂
Have a great weekend 🙂
Thanks Esther, you too 😀
They are pretty doors! But I have to say, I am shocked by today’s result. The implications are huge and far reaching and I really believe the majority of the voting British public did not look beyond their own shores at the potential consequences. Ps. If you can’t rant on your own blog….
The majority for Out was 52%. Are you saying the other 48% didn’t vote in self interest? Come on. Or are you saying the majority of the voting public voted in self interest? Or didn’t consider Ireland? Not the same thing.
I do try and keep this blog rant free (unless it’s about writing), so I respectfully suppose we can agree to disagree about the outcome. I did read your post on the other side of the argument, and thought it well presented – I suppose now we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Who knows what will happen next? My early years were pre-EU. My partner’s family and friends live in Hemel. All voted out. As did Dacorum. It was a surprise.
My very early years were pre-EU as well. This result was a surprise to me too.
Thanks, Ali 🙂 I do try and keep my blog rant free (other than rants about writing), plus I’ve already blarged all over Twitter and FB. Now it’s a ‘wait and see’ as to what happens next.
Back to the pretty doors… 🙂
Just let me know if you want any ranting and swearing.
Thanks, Mick 😀
My thoughts on Brexit which also fits the doors theme but does contain swearing 🙂 https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/83/5b/5b/835b5b6c8a3701b786de766ac2cfc211.jpg
Hehe, can I come too? 😀
Those are some damn fine doors (and that’s all the swearing I’ll do in public for now). Thank you for posting them. Today, I just want to open that Art Nouveau one at the top and walk through into a world that’s not here & now…
Oh, I know how you feel… if trump gets in I’m calling Branson for a ticket on the first space ship out of here!
No kidding. We went and watched “Alice Through the Looking Glass” last night; it made me feel better. The world is back in balance at the end of that.
LOVE that first door with the trees above it! Thanks for not swearing, haha (I’m Dutch) As long as the UK’s reason is for the good of the people I’m fine with it. Am surprised about the 4% difference, here in the USA they would call that “a margin of error.” I won’t be offended if you don’t want to respond to my comment:)
Not at all, thanks for commenting 🙂 And yes, it’s important that people have their say – I think it’s the very close margin that’s really illustrated what a divide there is. All we can do now is wait to see what happens next.
I agree with you on the EU vote Helen but like you have kept my blog free of political opinions. Thanks for the pretty doors. I’m doing the rounds of
my blogging pals blogs to cheer me up today!
Thanks, Marjorie 🙂 Glad you liked my pretty doors – I’m also trying to cheer myself up. Hope you have a nice weekend x
Know the feeling. Happy weekend to you too. x
I’m just going to comment on your lovely doors 😉
That first one is just gorgeous, and hey that wooden revolving door is quite special too.
Thanks, Norm 😀😉
Thanks, Kev 🙂 It seemed the only thing to do at the time.
They would make great fantasy doors 😀
Thanks! Yes, I think it’s why they all appealed to me. Stories behind each one, I think 🙂
Why not? 😉
Why not indeed 😀
The last one, WOW. Love it. Gorjus poppies ❤
Thanks, me too. I took it in California last year, in a little town called Cambria that has lots of galleries and is quite lovely 🙂
Seems to me that beautiful doors are indeed the most appropriate response to last week’s vote. Well put Helen 😉
Thanks, Tara – there really wasn’t anything else I felt I wanted to say on my blog. Did enough blarging all over Twitter and FB 😀
So… I won’t say how shocked we were over here. Nope. Pretty doors! 💖
Hehe, thanks, Sarah 🙂 Yes, the shock is still reverberating over here, especially with all the politicians backflipping. But that’s another post, and not for this blog.
Thank you 🙂
I love the third door so much (feels asian) and the trees at the top of the first door is pretty cool art!
Thank so much – really glad you like the doors 🙂 The third door pic was actually taken in California but I agree, it does have a sort of japanese woodcut feel – I think that’s why it caught my eye.
Oh well I am not surprised it is California – they have the coolest stuff there- 😉
Have a nice day!
They do have a lot of cool stuff, that’s for sure! Hope you have a nice day too 😀