Going to start blogging again, I said. Going to write those posts regularly, I told myself. But getting back into the habit, both of checking comments and writing new posts, is taking a little bit of time. However, onwards and upwards!
Blogging has (and I’ve said this before) literally changed my life. I’ve made some of my best friends in the world through blogging, as well as becoming a published author. I’m also a committee member for the annual Blogger’s Bash in London (coming up June 15th – do you have your ticket yet?), which has broadened my blogging and social media circle even further.
So, being a bit stuck for a blog topic, I thought I might tie in to my committee work and make a shameless plug for our Bash Blog Post competition. Each year we run a themed post competition, and this year, as it’s our fifth year of operation, the theme is ‘Five’.
I thought I’d keep things simple with a short list:
Five reasons I enjoy blogging
- The words. I love writing, and I know for a fact that regular blogging has made me a better writer
- The knowledge. There are blogs covering just about any subject under the sun. If you’re interested in it, chances are someone is blogging about it. And hey, if they’re not, there’s a niche for you.
- The inspiration. There are loads of fab writing prompts in blogland. In fact, The Last Raven, my book currently out to submission with an agent, started life as a writing prompt over on Ali Isaac’s blog.
- The experiences. From wandering hillsides with Sue Vincent to meeting bloggers in London at the Bloggers Bash, blogging has led me to experiences I might never have otherwise had
- The people. The best bit, to be honest 🙂
And that’s it! As the competition is restricted to posts of 375 words or less, I need to wind up. However, if you’d like to enter, entry is £5, first prize is a £50 Amazon gift card, with £15 and £10 cards to second and third place respectively. For more details, or to enter, click here – but only until March 24th!
Happy blogging x
I agree. I’ve met the most supportive, kind-hearted people since I began to blog. Does it take time? Yes. But, it’s so worth it!
It is so worth it! 🙂 The community here is fantastic
I’m so glad I started my blog!! You’re right. It’s worth it!
It really is 🙂 And me too x
Love this! I was at first very hesitant about blogging, but I now feel the same way, it’s actually enjoyable. Who would have thought!?
Haha! I know 🙂 It’s been a life-changing experience for me, yet when I started I was doubtful about the whole thing. It’s so worth it, though 🙂 So glad you’re enjoying it too